COMPARISON CHART I - Yaeyama Chlorella (=Vulgaris) vs Taiwan-made Chlorella (=Pyrenodoisa)
Ingredients & Digestibility
- Yaeyama Chlorella Taiwan-made Chlorella (A) Taiwan-made Chlorella (B) Protein 67.5% 58.0% 63.8% Digestibility** 85% - - Chlorophyll 3.71% 2.90% 1.93% Chlorella Extract 19.5% 14.9% 15.0% Iron 164mg% 87.1mg% 99.7mg% Sodium 115mg% 45.0mg% 55.0mg% Heavy Metals (as Pb) Not Detected (LD20ppm) -
*Analysis for Yaeyama Chlorella was made in May 2006 by Japan Food Research Laboratories
*Analysis for Taiwan-made Chlorella (A) and (B) was made in November 1999 by Yaeyama's QC Laboratories
** Digestibility of chlorella protein by rat (small-animal assay procedures), being certified by Japan Food Hygiene Association on July 12. 2006
- Yaeyama Chlorella Taiwan-made Chlorella (A) Taiwan-made Chlorella (B) Color dark (deep) green light green light green Smell smell characteristic of algae or green powdered tea protein fermentation odor roasting smell Taste taste characteristic of algae, tasty poor taste, not tasty poor taste, not tasty Appearance No foreign object, bacteria and other algae observed mineral foreign object, plant morsel, other algae cell bits observed
filamentous foreign object, bacteria observed
1. Yaeyama Chlorella and Taiwan-made Chlorella (A) and (B) are all cultivated outdoors.
Some contaminants (bacteria, other alga) are found in powdered Taiwn-made chlorella (A) and (B), which discloses that there are some problems in their control inspection and insufficient washing of chlorella algae.
2. Mineral foreign objects observed in Taiwan-made Chlorella (A) are very small lithoid matter or brown particles.
3. Filamentous foreign objects observed in Taiwan-made Chlorella (B) are supposedly generated in its drying process.
4. These foreign substances can be observed on the surface of tabletized Taiwan-made chlorella, though most of them are buried inside and cannot be seen from outside.
Yaeyama Chlorella is cultivated outdoors through photosynthesis under abundant sun rays, utilizing good quality ground water and fresh air. It is processed into premium Yaeyma Chlorella powder, tablets and extract liquid under rigid QC and sanitation standards with no foreign object, bacteria and other algae observed. It contains richly protein, vitamins, minerals, chlorophyll and chlorella extract. Particularly, higher content of chlorophyll and chlorella extract and higher digestibility (latest test showing 85%) is vitally characteristic of Yaeyama Chlorella.